Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting my green on

J was kind of enough at the end of last summer to build me two raised beds. I was super duper excited to get started. I never imagined I would be so excited to get dirty and grow a garden, but here I am. So excited. In fact, I maybe too excited, my eyes were bigger than my beds but I do not even care. :) Let me take you on a tour of my garden. :)

This bed has sting-less green beans, two kinds of lettuce, broccoli, zucchini, crook neck squash, three kinds of cucumber and onions.

This bed has two kinds corn, four kinds of pepper (hot banana, cayenne, mexi-bell and jalapeno), tomato, cilantro, beets and carrots. Between the two beds I am growing green onion!

We have out of control mint growing along our fence. I am still trying to figure out what to do with this, I would hate to waste it. It just keeps growing!!!

Also, I am growing strawberries and another tomato plant.

I am hoping I actually get a crop...besides the mint!

Do you grow anything? What are your favorite recipes from your garden?!

No comments:

Post a Comment