Thursday, April 5, 2012

Worrywort

 Definition of WORRYWART : a person who is inclined to worry unduly. 

I am a worrywort. Big time.  

I worry about everything. From big stuff, like how we will manage to get ourselves out of debt in a reasonable amount of time. To small stuff, like if I bought a flavor of capri sun the kids really like. I recognize the fact that what I worry about is silly nonsense stuff, I am happy and healthy and I have a job and am married to the best husband a girl could ever ask for, but I cannot seem to stop. I am always in a state of anxiety because I am worrying about something. J on the other hand is the worrywart's antithesis. He is always calm and has an attitude that everything will work out. (He is usually right.) 

I wish I could adopt this attitude, it isn't like the world will stop if I STOP worrying. In fact I can see that it actually would get a lot better. I would love to stop worrying, feeling more balanced and centered, more in control of my life. But I can't stop. Because what if I am wrong and if I stop worrying then something will go unnoticed and the world will end as I know it. (Dramatic I know, but it is how I think!)  

So unless I figure out how to be balanced and centered without worrying, I shall continue to worry and be anxious and cry over silly stuff while my ever patient husband tells me everything will be okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment